- For children in 3rd – 5th Grades
- Weekly Tuesdays 4:00 – 4:45
- Session 1: December 1st – December 22nd
- Session 2: January 12th – February 2nd
- $100 per 4 – week session
Description and Goals:
- This virtual group will provide 3rd and 5th graders with an opportunity to explore how music can be utilized to enhance collaborative interaction and creativity through musical games, improvisation, and songwriting.
- A board-certified music therapist will be facilitating each group where a space will be provided to help them develop more emotional awareness and coping skills during these unprecedented times.
- This group will provide opportunities for: socialization, creativity,exploration, support, and collaborative learning
Themes of Exploration:
- Musical exploration to enhance connection and opportunities to socialize with peers.
- Collaborative songwriting opportunities to enhance creativity and teamwork skills.
- Learning how to make music with household items and utilizing elements of improvisation to engage in imaginary play.
- Exploring how emotions feel within the body through musical play and developing coping strategies.