Full or Part Time Music Therapist Position
Living Spirit Therapy Services, LLC is located in the Twin Cities Metro Area of Minnesota
Living Spirit Therapy Services, LLC is looking for another music therapist to join our team this February, FULL TIME OR PART TIME. If part time, you have a choice of working with groups in schools, individuals with mental health needs, children and young adults with disabilities, and/or older adults in 1-1 and/or group formats. This is a benefited employee position for both part and full time positions.
- Full Time coverage for Maternity Leave February – May
- Continue Full Time After Leave Coverage Ends with Caseload Built to Interests
Living Spirit Therapy Services, LLC is looking for a Neurologic Music Therapist to join our team. The position will begin with coverage of a 4 month maternity leave with a CONTINUING POSITION AFTER LEAVE COVERAGE WITH A CASELOAD BUILT TO INTERESTS. There is an option to begin sooner with part time hours. The current caseload is for for work in multiple schools, with children and young adults with developmental disabilities or mental health needs, and in long term care. Must be willing to serve clients both in person and through telehealth. This is an hourly full-time, benefited, employee position.
Living Spirit Therapy Services, LLC is a music therapy private practice in the Twin Cities Metro Area of Minnesota serving individuals and groups throughout the community as well as through telehealth. Our practice specializes in music therapy services for seniors; those with neurologic issues such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease, and autism; individuals with developmental disabilities; early childhood music; and wellness. Individuals with mental health issues, and children and young adults with other needs are also served.
Due to the unpredictability of COVID candidates must be flexible, able to adapt to changing situations, be willing and able to see clients both via telehealth and in person and have good self-care strategies. Candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID.
All team members must be Neurologic Music Therapists and maintain this standing. If you haven’t done this training yet you can do so within the first 6 months of hire.
What Makes us unique?
Our culture has been described by teammates as one of clear and open communication, collaboration, and wellness; and is driven by core values of dignity, respect, compassion, empowerment, integrity, trust, and personal and professional growth. This week one team member stated that she felt her “potential for growth at Living Spirit Therapy Services was endless”.
Two unique programs developed by Living Spirit Therapy Services, LLC include the:
Our Empowering Wellness Initiative is a web-based tool to support community mental and physical health; and to provide enrichment for children and individuals with disabilities. Our Gather and Grow series provides monthly opportunities for continuing education, networking, resources sharing, and community building.
Living Spirit Therapy Services is committed to decreasing prejudice and increasing equity in access to services to support overall quality of life and well-being. Visit the home page of our website to learn more about the actions we are taking towards this.
THIS WOULD BE A GOOD FIT IF:
- You would like a music therapy career with a dedicated team that emphasizes collaboration, strong communication, authenticity, respect, dignity, integrity, individual strengths, and compassion
- You would like a position with built in opportunities for continued growth and professional development, resources, supports, and strong community
- You are passionate about how Neurologic Music Therapy can improve quality of life
- It would be refreshing to work with clients in a variety of settings and formats
- You would like the opportunity for flexibility in scheduling to meet your evolving needs
- You love to be innovative in your work
- You appreciate an environment that celebrates accomplishments
- You thrive in an environment in which you can openly share ideas, concerns, and perspective
THIS WOULD NOT BE A GOOD FIT IF:
- You are not willing to take and maintain NMT training
- You do not feel comfortable sharing concerns, ideas, and issues with your supervisor; and/or do not like giving and receiving feedback with a team
- You are not vaccinated for COVID-19
- You do not like continuing education
- You do not like driving throughout the community
- You need a consistent schedule day to day
What do team members love about their positions with Living Spirit Therapy Services?
- You are valued as yourself and the skills that you come with, and the team is eager to learn from each other and incorporate new ways of doing things into our practice. If there is something that you want to try out with your clients or with something that you do with the position, the team is supportive and wants to learn along with you.
- Monthly meetings for reflection on personal and professional goals.
- Monthly opportunities for continuing growth and development during team meetings, monthly Gather and Grow Series, and monthly NMT peer groups.
- I love the support of a team and team meetings, and to have someone to share my highs and lows with. I can reach out if I need help or have questions about a certain session/intervention/goal. We learn from each other! We all have different strengths and build each other up!
- I love that I am able to bring up topics I would like to learn more about, as well as to explore ideas for future projects or opportunities for the company.
- Amazing, detailed, and individualized supervision and support from my supervisor and the whole team.
- I greatly appreciate that my supervisor is attentive to my needs as an employee and music therapist, and that she promotes wellness among all members of our team.
- The NMT training is amazing- absolutely worth the cost. The NMT model will really enhance the way you practice music therapy, AND just because you adopt the NMT model and specific techniques does not mean you are now JUST practicing NMT, you come with your eclectic and own learned background and philosophies that make the whole team stronger!
- Opportunities for creativity with making videos and resources for the Empowering Wellness Initiative and supporting materials for clients and participants.
- AMAZING access to instruments and other resources!
- Lots of autonomy in the position – amazing position to grow and become the best music therapist that you can
- Flexibility for preferred times for sessions.
- Flexibility with hours as far as when you complete tasks outside of sessions.
- I love that there are opportunities to work with clients in various settings. I appreciate that my supervisor is interested in and puts forth so much effort to match me with clients I am passionate about working with.
- Most importantly I love being a music therapist and the clients I work with.
Full Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Board Certified Music Therapist, holding the MT-BC credential
- NMT trained, or be willing to complete the next NMT training and maintain NMT credential
- Must be willing to maintain full vaccination status for COVID-19
- Able to do both in person and telehealth sessions providing location and technology for independently.
- Have outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Be self-motivated, and able to work independently
- Have experience working with the elderly and children
- Be able to assess clients and adapt therapeutic music experiences to meet immediate needs
- Have excellent musical skills including quality vocal tone, and ability to play and adapt a variety of instruments to stimulate, relax, and facilitate movement
- Have good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Respond to communications quickly
- Be willing to treat all clients/families/program coordinators with dignity, respect, compassion, and patience
- Have reliable transportation, valid auto insurance, and willingness to report to assigned locations daily to serve clients throughout the Twin Cities metro area (up to 60 minutes one way). Typical drive times are 20-30 minutes one-way and occur immediately preceding and immediately following music therapy sessions.
- Perform various clinical and administrative tasks including but not limited to driving, treating clients, and documenting sessions.
- Physical and cognitive requirements:
- Move freely and safely from sit to stand from chair and/or floor, stand to squat, and vice versa.
- Maintain balance demonstrating leg and arm movements from standing and seated positions, frequently move throughout the room, change positioning as described above, and turn head frequently from seated and standing positions to assess client needs and maintain attention and engagement.
- Maintain sustained and/or rapidly alternating attention on multiple clients, responses, and elements of music at one time.
- Provide music therapy to a client or group of clients for 30-60 consecutive minutes.
- Frequently move throughout the room, and from sit to stand position from chair and/or floor, stand to squat, and vice versa; and turn head to assess client needs and maintain attention and engagement.
- Demonstrate leg and arm movements from standing and seated positions.
- Maintain a high level of energy to stimulate and engage groups of low functioning clients.
- Recognize signs of and respond quickly to any behavioral or balance challenges, or overstimulation of clients.
- Recognize the need for visual, auditory, verbal, physical, and tactile cues and prompts and facilitate and adapt them as necessary.
- Be able to lift instruments and session materials in and out home and car and carry and/or pull them utilizing a cart to and from sessions. Be able to lift 50 lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects up to 25 lbs.
- 3 weeks of paid personal leave + birthdays off
- Mileage reimbursement at the current full federal rate
- $200 continuing education stipend plus 1 paid continuing education day
- 1:1 supervision, and team meetings
- 50% of AMTA, MTAM, and CB-MT dues
- $20 data reimbursement per month with full in person caseloads
- Team building social events
- Work specific email and online and desktop versions of office 365
- Access to an extensive supply of instruments and materials to do your job well
- Access to a comprehensive electronic catalogue of resources such as music, session ideas and supplemental materials, articles and research, materials to help enhance your technique with a variety of instruments and interventions…
- The ability to work independently with a team of music therapists to work collaborate with
How do I apply?
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to Melissa Spiess, M.M., MT-BC, Neurologic Music Therapy Fellow at email@example.com or contact Melissa at 651-363-3936 with questions.
In your cover letter please state why you want to join the Living Spirit Therapy Services, LLC team; identify your personal and professional core values and what they mean to you; and why you believe you would be a good fit for this team.