- For tweens (6th – 8th grade)
- Weekly Thursdays 4:00 – 5:00
- October 15th – November 5th
- 4 week session sponsored by Bayport Public Library
- No cost to families thanks to the Foundation for Bayport Public Library sponsorship!
Description and Goals:
- This group will provide tweens with an opportunity to explore various ways to engage in music with other tweens.
- A board-certified music therapist will be facilitating each group to provide a space to talk about common struggles, frustrations, and interests.
- This group will provide tweens with the opportunity to build new friendships; and connect and share with one another in a time of social distancing.
- This group will provide opportunities for: collaboration, creativity, exploration, and group reflection.
Themes of Exploration:
- Learn how to utilize different apps such as GarageBand, iMovie, and AirJams to create and play music and music videos.
- Build skills to express your voice through songwriting.
- Share songs that are meaningful to you. The group will use the music to guide discussion and share a space to be real and honest about the emotions, fears, disappointments, and hopes.