Living Spirit Therapy Services, LLC is looking for a Neurologic Music Therapist to cover a 4-month maternity leave with a high probability of the position continuing after leave coverage with a caseload built to interests. The current caseload is with seniors and a few children with special needs. Interest in wellness work is an added bonus but is not required.
Are you interested in a music therapy career in which you?
- Are in a supportive environment which promotes growth and self-actualization
- Are a valued member of a team and have a community of music therapists to collaborate with and learn from
- Are encouraged to be innovative in your work
- Have access to an extensive supply of instruments and materials to do your job well
- Have access to a comprehensive electronic catalogue of resources such as music, session ideas and supplemental materials, research, materials to help enhance your technique with a variety of instruments and interventions…
- Have an environment that celebrates accomplishments
Benefits for full time positions include:
- 3 weeks of paid personal leave
- Mileage reimbursement at the current full federal rate ($.58)
- $400 continuing education stipend plus 2 paid continuing education days
- 1:1 supervision, and team meetings
- 50% of AMTA, MTAM, and CB-MT dues
- $20 data reimbursement per month
- Work specific email and online and desktop versions of office 365
Living Spirit Therapy Services, LLC is a music therapy private practice serving individuals and groups in-home with the possibility of a clinic opening in the coming year. Our practice specializes in music therapy services for seniors; those with neurologic issues such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease, and autism; early childhood music; and wellness. Individuals with developmental disabilities, mental health issues, and children and young adults with other needs are also served. This is an hourly full-time, benefited, employee position.
Our mission at Living Spirit Therapy Services, LLC is to empower clients in Minnesota’s Twin Cities metro with the tools to live life to their fullest potential through cutting edge, personalized, holistic, and dignified Neurologic Music Therapy Treatment. We strive to empower clients and their loved ones to move beyond disability and illness to release the living spirit in everyone; helping clients develop, practice, and utilize skills and techniques to help them live rather than just survive and cope with illness and disability.
• Board Certified Music Therapist, holding the MT-BC credential
• The ideal candidate will be NMT trained, or be willing to complete the next NMT training
• Have outstanding time management and organizational skills
• Be self-motivated, able to work independently, optimistic, and open-minded; and have a desire to grow as a therapist and be part of a dynamic team of music therapists
• Have experience working with seniors and children
• Be able to assess clients and adapt therapeutic music experiences to meet immediate needs
• Have excellent musical skills including quality vocal tone, and ability to adapt music to stimulate, relax, and facilitate movement
• Have good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Respond to communications quickly
• Adhere to the Standards of Clinical Practice and the Code of Ethics of the American Music Therapy Association and the Code of Professional Practice of the Certification Board for Music Therapists and
• Have reliable transportation and willingness to serve clients throughout the Twin Cities metro area
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to Melissa Spiess, M.M., MT-BC, Neurologic Music Therapy Fellow at [email protected] or contact Melissa at 651-363-3936 for more information.