Living Spirit Therapy Services, LLC is a music therapy private practice serving clients in-home. Clients are seen individually and in groups. The practice specializes in music therapy services for the elderly, hospice, and those with neurologic issues such as stroke and Parkinson’s. Individuals with autism spectrum disorders, developmental disabilities, mental health issues, and children and young adults with other needs are also served. Living Spirit Therapy Services strives to improve the quality of life of clients by treating their holistic needs. We strive to empower clients and their loved ones to move beyond disability and illness to access the living spirit in everyone; helping clients develop, practice, and utilize skills and techniques to help them live rather than just survive and cope with illness and disability. We emphasize the use of Neurologic Music Therapy (NMT) techniques in our work.
Living Spirit Therapy Services is seeking a full-time and a part-time, hourly employee in the Twin Cities metro area of MN. These are benefited positions.
- Board Certified Music Therapist, holding the MT-BC credential
- Be NMT trained, or be willing to complete the next NMT training
- Have outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Be self-motivated, and able to work independently
- Have experience working with the elderly
- Be able to assess clients and adapt therapeutic music experiences to meet immediate needs
- Have excellent musical skills including quality vocal tone, and ability to adapt music to stimulate, relax, and facilitate movement
- Have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Be willing to respond to communications quickly
- Adhere to the Standards of Clinical Practice and the Code of Ethics of the American Music Therapy Association, and the Code of Professional Practice of the Certification Board for Music Therapists
- Have reliable transportation and willingness to serve clients throughout the Twin Cities metro area
Interested candidates should submit two letters of reference and a resume to Melissa Spiess, M.M., MT-BC, Neurologic Music Therapy Fellow at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Melissa at 651-363-3936 for more information.